Saturday 13 April 2013

Amy's April Date

Not really sure where to start with Mr April... a weekend away in Brighton isn't my usual kind of date. To be honest I wasn't sure if it was a date or not until I was driving back home checking my phone for the 'Thank you, I had a really good time' text.... yeah, that was a 'date'. 

I've known Mr April for 8 years... back in 2005 I thought he was THE coolest guy in the world. Seriously. That boy knew how to take a good MSN messenger profile picture. 

For the first time in 8 years, we are both single again...and we somehow casually arrange a weekend at his in Brighton. I guess it didn't really seem weird til I rock up with a suitcase :/ (He later tells me that he was surprised to see me stroll in wearing a woolly hat and chewing gum... there seem to be some date rules I've missed out somewhere. Both are unacceptable.) I send the standard 'I'm here ok, and he's still hot' text to my nearest and dearest. 

Thankfully, there's no awkwardness and we go out for a few drinks. He's as funny as I remember, and we spent most of the night taking the piss out of other people. Perfect. 

We head back and do the cliche of chatting til the early hours.CHATTING. Stay classy girls. 

On Saturday we went to one of my favourite places for 'meant to be breakfast but we got up too late so it's lunch/ dinner'. We then have a lazy day, finished off with more drinks and a takeaway. Pretty spot- on Saturday. 

Standard Instagrammed food pic

Can I just point out, that after talking about Derren Brown, we play the 'guess what number I'm thinking of' game. We guessed right EVERY time. I'm 90% sure that's the first time that's ever happened since records began. Just sayin. *COUGH* meant to be *COUGH*

On Sunday he takes me for a pub roast. I'm impressed. He was scared of some wasps and made a bit of a fuss, but I'm not allowed to write about that. 

Then more chilling at his, and a mandatory Friends sesh (a good three episodes) before I drive home. Ten minutes into the drive... There's that text. Bossed it ;) 

Amy 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment